After you’ve finished painting, easily clean the roller, and have it ready for the next job
It’s easy to clean paint roller:
• First scrape as much paint out of the paint roller as you possibly can with your paint scraper tool.
• Second, remove the roll from the frame and rinse off both the roll and frame in warm, soapy water.
• Next, put the roller back on the frame.
• Go to an outdoor spigot, attach a spray nozzle to the hose, hold the roller out from yourself. Spray into the roller, slowly moving up and down the roller until the water (and paint) is out.
• Note if exterior spigot is no option, or there is cold weather outside, use kitchen or laundry room sink to rinse, and spin dry with both hands.
The force of the water coming out of the nozzle propels the paint residue out of the roller much better than just holding it under a faucet. At the same time, it cleans and “prepares” the roller for use the next job.
Choose the Right Color
Having trouble picking the perfect paint color for your home decorating project? Not sure what type of paint you should use? Don’t feel bad — even the pros need help from time to time…