The best time for painting your room is summer. While it’s warm, breezy and dry, You can get started on that painting job that’s been looming all year. To help you in completing this feat, we’ve put together 10 Essential tips and tricks to painting your room.
1. Clean Walls: Before you start painting your room you need to clean the walls of your room. Remove dust, dirt, and grease spots that have been stuck on your walls, you need to clean it with water, a little mild dishwashing detergent, and a cellulose sponge. Rinse the walls with clean water to remove the soap residue.
2. Tape the trim, window, and door frames: You need to buy some painter’s tape, which is used to save the surface which you don’t want to paint. Tapes can be applied up to a week ahead. You can remove the tape after the painting, but before the wall dries so that you don’t peel off any paint with it.
3. Use the W technique: For efficiency painting, you need to start in the corner of a wall and roll on a three-by-three-foot W pattern, then fill it in without lifting the roller. You need to continue in sections until you’re finished. And you need to paint one wall at a time.
4. Overnight Storage: If you are done a painting for the day, but you still have more to do tomorrow, then simply brush or roll off the excess paint, then tightly wrap them in plastic food wrap. Place the wrapped brushes and roller sleeves in the refrigerator to keep them fresh. Then, whenever you want to paint, simply remove the gear from cold storage 30 minutes before painting, and it’ll be supple and ready for use.
5. Create a paint brush holder: You can make a paint can with brush holder and handle, as it is very convenient while painting. If everything fits in a single bucket. You can make a paint holder by cutting out the side of the milk jug, you can keep the paintbrush upside down in the milk jug mouth.
6. Trim off the edges of roller: If you are planning to use old or used paint roller, then you need to trim off the edges of the paint roller. As it will give you smooth finished look. If you use the used paint roller as such then it is likely to give you an ugly edge on your paint job.
7. Paint Vaseline: You can paint Vaseline over some tiny areas you don’t want to be painted, like screws or hinges. Lay it on thick, and then start painting as normal. After the paint has dried, go over the area with a paper towel and the paint will wipe right off! This is a great trick for spray-painting!