Your home is even made more interesting and beautiful if you have fantastic furniture and fixtures around the house. Some can be quite expensive and the rest just right. If you have several pieces of furniture at home, then you should make sure that you maintain their great look.
Some households have plenty of wood furniture. There isn’t a rule which says that woodwork furniture can’t be painted. Perhaps you’ll need furniture painting ideas to go about the work. Some people don’t have any ideas about painting, especially when it comes to their furniture. If you want to get good furniture painting ideas, then read on.
You can paint your furniture anyway you like; you can paint it in white, in strips, or even paint it with the same color as the wall. As long as you’re comfortable with the color of the paint, then proceed with your painting project.
You will need sandpapers, primer, tack cloth, paint, paintbrushes, and glaze. Some people also use rollers, steel wool, and other painting accessories depending on the furniture that you’re trying to paint.
Here are great wood furniture painting ideas:
1. Paint your furniture in a shade that is in contrast with the wall’s color. This way, you can define the furniture and the wall. You should also consider where the furniture is located. If you want, you can paint the furniture found in your bedroom with the color that suits your personal style; while the furniture found in other parts of the house can be painted in other subtle colors.
2. For best wood furniture painting results, the proper temperature should be maintained in the room. If you stripped your wood furniture, make sure that you apply an acrylic primer before applying any oil-based gloss, eggshell, or any color of acrylic paint.
3. Some people prefer eggshell finish because the gloss finish can have a deadening effect. While you’re painting, always do it in small sections. Lap marks can be avoided if you keep wet edges.
4. If you want, you can also incorporate effects like broken color into your wood furniture. It is highly recommended that paints which are oil-based are best for wood furniture.
5. To add more color to your wood furniture, you can stain it because this allows the furniture’s natural grain patterns to show through.
6. After staining your furniture, you can apply varnish so that the furniture can have a tough coat. Varnishes are available in satin and high gloss finishes.
7. If you have leftover paints, combine those that have identical color in one can and then close it tightly. Keep it for later use.
Are you satisfied with the furniture painting ideas mentioned above? Just to achieve best painting results, you should also make sure that before painting any wood furniture, you have to clean it first with a damp rag. After it dries, then you can sand the entire furniture and get rid of the dust using a tack cloth or a damp rag. Then you can already apply the primer which you should allow to dry thoroughly before applying the base coat that you desire.
Painting your wood furniture is a great idea to maintain its newness and to preserve its beautiful appearance. So if you have pieces of wood furniture at home, don’t forget these cool furniture painting ideas.