Painting Tips & Ideas
Your home is the best place to spend your quiet moments together with your family. You can do whatever you like and you get to choose your home’s color every time you need to paint it.
Many families prefer to change their home’s paint when the season changes and they feel that a new coat of paint is already necessary. Summer comes after the winter, so you might want to have your home’s atmosphere changed to accommodate the summer feel. This is easily done by painting your home. Just make sure that you paint it with colors that depict the summer time.
Check out these cool tips so that you can decorate and paint your home for the summer:
1. When you talk about summer, you instantly think of lively colors. Everything seems so bright when summer comes and so there is a need to change your home’s paint into bright colors. By using bright colored paints, your home will open up and it’s like bringing the outside world inside.
2. Have you heard about decorative painting? This is a technique used in painting which is divided into sponging, stenciling/stamping, and ragging. By using these different techniques, it would be a lot easier to brighten the dull house paint that you now have.
3. Before starting the actual painting, you should pick the right color scheme for your home. Remember that the techniques mentioned above require the use of two shades so this is very important step that you have to never forget.
4. If you prefer to sponge your wall, or rag it perhaps, paint first the base color. Leave it to dry thoroughly. Afterwards, dip the rag or sponge to the lighter color paint that you’ve chosen. Drag or sponge the light colored paint over your base coat; do this until you’re satisfied with the effect.
5. If after your painting home summer-project you’re not that satisfied with some of the results, repaint those areas using your base coat.
6. Some people like to do stamping or stenciling when they paint their homes. This technique creates a design that looks like wallpaper over the base coat. Choose a design that has something to do with the summer. It takes just a few artistic touches and creativity to create something that depicts summer season.
7. Choose the paint for your home carefully, as well as the tools needed. Prepare the walls where you need to change the paint. This way, you can expect a much better result.
8. Visit your local paint shops or hardware for the paints that you’ll need. You can even consult the people there and ask for pieces of advice regarding painting your home with a summer theme. The people there will be most willing to test small amounts of paint for your desired color scheme.
9. If you have excess paints, make sure that you keep them in metal cans that are airtight and sealed. The shelf life of paints is reduced once the can is opened, so you can only keep it for a short time for later use.
Now, there are a lot of paint colors that you can choose for your home painting project. The paint greatly varies from texture, color, to patterns. The color of paint that you choose can affect your home’s structures and other things inside your home. So make sure that you choose the right color for the different rooms of you house. The colors should blend together to create the perfect summer atmosphere for your home.