One of the main concerns with using melamine paint on your countertops is the curing period between coats. The following is the proper method to paint counters.
1. Wash the entire area using TSP (tri sodium phosphate) and a Scotch Brite type abrasive scrub pad.
2. Rinse well with clear water.
3. Allow it to dry.
4. Mask all areas to be protected such as sinks, faucets, the backsplash, etc.
5. Roll on first coat using a Wizz roller (foam type) and allow it to cure for a full 24 hours.
6. Roll on a second coat and allow another full 24 hours.
7. Never place hot pots/plates or do any cutting on the painted surface.
Note: Always remember this is still paint, so use your countertop with TLC.