Spray paint – it’s not just for graffiti! Just kidding, spray painting really is an easy way to get a quick, great finish. Here are some tips to help you out!
1. Always work in a well ventilated area or outside in the fresh air.
2. Put your spray can in a basin of lukewarm water for a few minutes before you need it; this will give you a finer mist and a nicer finish.
3. To ensure a smooth finish, always keep your spray can the same distance from the project while you’re working. Most recommend being 8-10 inches from the project. Tape a dowel cut to about 11 inches to the side of your spray can. This will act as a guide so that you can make sure you’re far enough away!
4. Turn a cardboard box on its side to make a handy spray booth for a small item. It will contain the mist and keep it away from the surrounding areas.
5. Take a clogged nozzle off of its can and put it on a can of lubricating oil. Give it a couple of squirts and it should be nice and clear. Just make sure that when you put it back on the paint can you give it a squirt on a scrap surface.