You painted and skipped the prep work but now you have painted hardware. Well, I can show you how to fix it.
1. If there are just a few splotches, hold a cloth dipped in warm vinegar over the paint and then use a plastic putty knife to scrape away the drips.
2. If that just isn’t going to cut it, carefully remove the hardware from the doors and windows.
3. Lay some foil on your work surface to protect it from chemicals, and pull on a pair of chemical resistant gloves.
4. Work in a well ventilated area. Fill a coffee can about halfway with paint stripper. Then, drop your hardware in the liquid. If you’d like to be able to fish the hardware out just tie a piece of string to the hardware then dip it into the liquid. Be careful not to splash.
5. Let it sit for the amount of time recommended on the package and then carefully pull it out.
6. Scrape away any big drips left on and rinse the hardware well.The good thing about this method is that you can re-use the stripper until your project is completely done.