Bathroom is not only just a utility or a function room.
Since going inside the bathroom is the first thing most of us do in the morning and the last thing we do at night, the bathroom has been widely considered as a room or space for setting our moods.
It is a place where you can spend sometime alone with yourself and ponder things out. It is a place for pampering yourself, too. It is a place where we run to when we need to be free from the worries and cares of the world.
Thus, it is quite important that the decors inside your bathroom would serve to lighten up and make your day.
If you plan to decorate you bathroom, there is a quick, easy and inexpensive way of doing it. Simply de-clutter. Cleaning out stuff piled up and straightening out some of the things inside can make a whole lot of difference. First bathroom décor idea for you, add up some decorative boxes and hide up all the unnecessary junks inside it.
In bathroom decoration, decors put in the right places and fixtures that go along with your tastes, goes a log way to making it perfect. Of course, it is not a good idea to pile up all sorts of decors that clutter up the space. You should also consider the size and space available.
It does not mean that after you have de-cluttered you will be messing your bathroom up again by putting more stuff in it.
Here are some unique and eclectic décor ideas for your bathroom.
1. Lighting – you might think to leave this idea to your electrician, but the fact is aside from being a necessary fixture in your bathroom, the lighting is a very standard décor in your bathroom. It is the key to setting the mood you like to have in your bathroom. Having a new set of lights or making do with your old one and doing some adjustments to it can make a once boring bathroom into an area where you could revive your spirits.
The light fixtures of your bathroom may depend on your personality. They can be simple, jazzy and funky. They may come in different colors, shapes and styles. You can also add dim or soft lights but still living the necessary bright light.
2. Accessories – set the theme of your bathroom by accessorizing it. You can have some decorative holders for toothbrush and napkin with matching soap dishes filled with miniature soaps.
You can also put some aromatic candles on strategic corners of your bathroom. Real furniture necessities in the bathroom may also be converted to become as decorative as the other accessories.
3. Shower Curtains – these may be standard piece in a bathroom but it can also become a major piece to complete your decorating scheme.
4. Plants – these brings out some life in your bathroom and smooth out the aesthetics of the room’s designs
5. Artwork – Beautiful and breathtaking art can add life in any room, why not the bathroom?
6. Paint – you can match your bathroom’s wall according to the accessories and standard fixtures you have designed or vice versa.
7. Rugs – these can help pull your bathroom together according to the decorating scheme you have conceptualized
8. Towels – since towels belong inside the bathroom, then you can also fit them as a part of the overall decoration. You can match your towels’ colors with the shower curtains and other accessories.
Have a great time with applying these bathroom décor ideas in your bathrooms!