Simple paint techniques can add such character to a dull flat paint job. Smooshing will give you kind of a marble like finish and it is so easy to do.
1. Gather up some lightweight plastic drop cloths, latex satin paint, glaze, a paint pan, a roller and some rubber gloves.
2. Paint a latex satin base coat on your walls and allow it to dry overnight
3. Working one wall at a time, roll your glaze onto the wall. You need to do the technique when the glaze is still wet so if you have a big wall I would ask a buddy for help.
4. Unfold a drop cloth and hold it up to the wall, let it stick to the wet glaze. Repeat this process until the wall is covered with plastic sheets.
5. Use your hands to move the plastic around, smoosh it, wrinkle it, then smooth it out.