Stenciling is a really easy way to add character to walls, furniture, and even fabrics.
1. Tape your stencil evenly to your project.
2. Lay out a piece of newspaper and a small plastic tub, and put a small amount of paint into the tub.
3. Dip the tip of your brush into the paint and gently dab the bristles on the newspaper. This will ensure an even amount of paint on the brush.
4. Carefully and sparingly dab the stencil with the brush using an up and down movement, and make sure that you keep your brush at a right angle to the project so that the bristles don’t slip under the cut outs.
5. Once you’ve finished a section, gently pull the stencil away from the project and move it to the next section.
6. Repeat the process until you’ve covered the entire area.